In Singapore, though the price of materials to make a deck is not very high, lumber imports also incur taxes and transportation costs. There are three standard sizes for balcony decks, which may also influence the cost. For example, most brands require you to buy hardware such as screws, nails and plugs separately in packs with their corresponding number.
All the balcony decking material starts with a price of 500 SGD per square meter; the prices vary depending on the actual size of the company and which material is being used. The most popular decking materials are acrylic, PVC, and WPC for balcony decking in Singapore.
The Different Types of Balcony Decking in Singapore
There are many different types of balcony decking in Singapore. The most popular type of decking is timber decking. Timber decking is the best choice because it is durable and easy to maintain. Timber decking is also a good choice for people who want a natural look for their balconies.
The second most popular type of balcony decking in Singapore is composite decking. Composite decking is made from a mixture of wood and plastic. It is a more expensive option, but it is also more durable and easy to maintain.
The third type of balcony decking in Singapore is PVC decking. PVC decking is made from 100% plastic. It is a cheaper option, but it is not as durable as the other two types of decking.
If you need a low maintenance option, PVC decking would be the best choice. Composite or timber decking would be better if you need high quality and durable option.
The Pros and Cons of Balcony Decking
Is balcony decking worth the cost? This is a question many homeowners in Singapore face when they are considering whether to install decking in their homes. Balcony decking can definitely add value to your home, but there are also some drawbacks that you should be aware of before making a decision.
- Balcony decking can make your home more valuable. If you sell your home, potential buyers will definitely be impressed by a beautiful decked balcony. This could potentially increase the sale price of your home.
- Balcony decking is a great way to extend your living space. If you enjoy spending time outdoors, having a decked balcony gives you another place to relax or entertain guests.
- Decking can protect your balcony from weather damage. The materials used for balcony decking are often very durable and weather-resistant, so they can help to extend the life of your patio.
- The initial cost of balcony decking can be pretty high. Depending on the materials you choose and the size of your balcony, decking can easily cost several thousand dollars to install.
The Cost of Balcony Decking in Singapore
As anyone who has ever done it will know, the cost of balcony decking in Singapore can be surprisingly high. This is because there are a number of factors that need to be considered when pricing up the job.
- The first is the size of the balcony, as this will obviously have an impact on the amount of decking required.
- The next thing to select is the type of decking you want, as there are a variety of different options available on the market.
- Finally, you will also need to factor in the cost of installation, as this can often be surprisingly expensive.
With all of these choices in mind, it is no wonder that the cost of balcony decking in Singapore can be so high.
However, there are a few options you can keep costs down.
- Firstly, make sure you shop around for the best price on decking materials.
- Secondly, if you are handy with tools, then you might want to consider doing the job yourself – although this obviously comes with a certain amount of risk!
- Finally, if you know someone who has already had their balcony decked out, then they might be able to give you some tips on where to get good deals and how to avoid any potential pitfalls.
How to Install Balcony Decking
Installing balcony decking in Singapore is a great way to add value to your home. Not only does it provide a lovely outdoor space for you and your family to enjoy, but it can also increase the resale value of your property. While the cost of balcony decking can vary depending on the materials you choose and the size of your deck, it is generally quite affordable and definitely worth the investment.
There are a few options to keep in mind when installing balcony decking in Singapore.
- First, make sure that you get the proper permits from the authorities.
- Next, choose durable and weather-resistant materials that will stand up to the hot and humid climate.
- Finally, take care to install the decking properly so that it will last for many years to come.
With a bit of planning and effort, installing balcony decking in Singapore is a project that you can easily do yourself and one that will surely add value to your home.
Good Wood Carpentry Pte Ltd
If you are in search of the best balcony decking services in Singapore, look no further than our team at Good Wood Carpentry Pte Ltd. We provide top-quality wood and composite decking products that will transform your outdoor living space into an oasis.
Contact Good Wood Carpentry Pte Ltd today for a free consultation and estimate, and let us help you create the perfect backyard getaway.
- 30 Kallang Pudding Road #04-04
- +65 8616 2206
By Appointment Only (in line with Covid 19 Movement Restriction Protocol)